Can you delete a thread on Slack?
To delete an entire Slack thread, you must delete the entire message. This will remove the original message but the replies will remain. … If you’re a Slack admin, you can delete the associated replies too.
Do Slack conversations get deleted?
By default, Slack will retain all messages and files (including audio and video clips) for the lifetime of your workspace. If you like, you can adjust your retention settings to automatically delete messages and files after a set amount of time.
What happens when you close a conversation in Slack?
Once you close or archive a conversation in Slack, it’ll automatically close in Intercom. Likewise, if you close a conversation in Intercom, it’ll be archived in Slack.
Can Slack admins see deleted messages?
Slack does not archive deleted messages or provide a way to recover deleted information. Once a user deletes a particular message, that message is gone forever. However, Slack may still retain information about deleted messages that can be included in an electronic discovery export.
How do you delete chat history on Slack?
Owners and admins can also delete members’ messages in public channels, private channels and group direct messages (DMs) they’re part of.
Delete a message
- Hover over the message you want to delete.
- Click the three dots icon.
- Click Delete message.
- Select Delete to confirm.
How do I delete DM history on Slack?
How to delete Slack messages on a computer
- Hover your cursor over the message you want to delete, and click the three dots that appear to the right of the message. …
- Select “Delete message” from the menu that appears. …
- Confirm your decision by clicking “Delete” in the pop-up that appears.
How do I delete Slack DM history?
That way, your DMs will be deleted after 24 hours. To do so, go to the direct message thread in question, click the gear icon, select “edit message retention,” choose “use custom retention settings for this conversation,” and under “delete messages and their revisions after:” put in one day. Make sure you click save.
Why is Slack so bad?
Despite the interface improvements they have made, Slack is still one of the most frustrating applications to use and look at. Threads still feel tacked on and they’re frustrating to use. The main sidebar menu is spaghetti; channels, files, saved items, threads, direct messages and more.
How do I leave a thread in Slack?
- Open the channel you’d like to leave.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Click the About tab.
- Click Leave channel.
What should you not do on Slack?
7 Things You Should Stop Doing on Slack Right Now to Be Less Annoying and More Productive
- @Channel. …
- Sending multiple messages in a row. …
- Replying in-channel instead of in a thread. …
- Posting the same message in multiple channels. …
- Using Group DMs. …
- Making every conversation public. …
- Not acknowledging messages.