Share an Existing Slack Channel
Still, if you want to share an existing channel (and have already enabled the Slack Shared Channels beta), open the channel then click the gear icon, select Additional Options, then click Share this channel with another workspace.
How do I invite someone to a slack private channel?
Add people to a channel
- Open the channel you’d like to add people to.
- Click cluster of profile pictures in the top right.
- Click Add people.
- If you’re adding a few people, search for and select the members you’d like to add. …
- When you’re done, click Add.
Can slack workspace owner see private channels?
According to @SlackHQ (the official Slack twitter account), “owners can only see the private channels that they are a member of”.
How do I join another Slack workspace?
From your desktop, visit https://slack.com/get-started.
- Enter your email address (we suggest using your work email address). Then click Continue.
- Check your email for a confirmation code from Slack and enter it.
- Below Accept an invitation, click Join next to the workspace you’d like to join.
How do I join another Slack channel?
Click Join Channel.
- Tap Search at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Browse channels.
- Search for a channel or select one from the list.
- Tap Join Channel.
How do I add someone to my private channel team?
To add members of your team to a private channel:
- Next to the private channel name, select More options. > Add members.
- Use the Members and Settings tabs to add or remove members and assign roles. Your private channel can have multiple owners and up to 250 members.
- When you’re ready, select Done.
Who can add members to a private channel?
The person who creates a private channel is the private channel owner and only the private channel owner can directly add or remove people from it. A private channel owner can add any team member to a private channel they created, including guests.
How do I export a Slack private channel?
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Settings & administration from the menu, then click Workspace settings.
- Click Import/Export Data in the top right.
- Select the Export tab.
- Below Export date range, open the drop-down menu to select an option.
- Click Start Export.
Can workspace admins see private channels?
According to Slack, “Workspace Owners and Admins can delete any channel they’ve joined, except for the #general channel.” Unfortunately, the owner explicitly needs to be a member of the channel in order to delete it, and owners of Slack workspaces can only see the private channels that they are already a member of.
Can admins join private channels Slack?
The Workspace Primary Owner, and owners and admins with permission, can also take action on private channels.
Can you be in two Slack workspaces?
If you’re signed in to more than one Slack workspace or belong to multiple workspaces in an Enterprise Grid organization, you can easily switch between them in Slack on your desktop and mobile devices.
Can you merge two Slack workspaces?
How do I merge my Slack workspaces? To merge your workspaces, export user and channel data from the origin workspace, then use Slack’s import tool to move this data to the destination workspace. For step-by-step instructions, visit Import data from one Slack workspace to another.
Can anyone join a Slack workspace?
Anyone with an approved email address can join by clicking your workspace’s sign-up link, or entering their email on the sign-in page. Note: If a member of your workspace requests an invitation for someone with an approved email address, the request will be approved automatically.