What happens in the planning stage of project management?
The planning stage is where the project plans are documented, the project deliverables and requirements are defined, and the project schedule is created. It involves creating a set of plans to help guide your team through the implementation and closure phases of the project.
What are the steps for the project planning phase?
Project planning steps
- Create and Analyze Business Case.
- Identify and Meet Stakeholders for Approval.
- Define Project Scope.
- Set Project Goals and Objectives.
- Determine Project Deliverables.
- Create Project Schedule and Milestones.
- Assignment of Tasks.
- Carry Out Risk Assessment.
Which of the following happens during the planning phase of project management quizlet?
The planning phase creates an approved scope, budget, and schedule so that the project can move to the executing phase of the project life cycle. During the executing phase, needed talent is added to the project team. … Some major areas for monitoring include cost, schedule, scope, and quality.
What is the purpose of the project planning phase?
The purpose of the Planning Phase is to plan all project processes and activities required to ensure project success and to create a comprehensive set of plans, known as the PMP, to manage the project from this phase until project termination.
What is first step in project planning?
Project Management Basics: 6 Steps to a Foolproof Project Plan
- Step 1: Identify & Meet with Stakeholders. …
- Step 2: Set & Prioritize Goals. …
- Step 3: Define Deliverables. …
- Step 4: Create the Project Schedule. …
- Step 5: Identify Issues and Complete a Risk Assessment. …
- Step 6: Present the Project Plan to Stakeholders.
What does the planning phase of management involve quizlet?
Creates an overall Plan that describes how the Project Scope will be defined, approved, validated and controlled, ie how the Scope will be managed throughout the Project. What are the outputs of scope management planning? You just studied 83 terms!
Which activity is performed during the planning phase quizlet?
The assess project feasibility activity typically occurs during the planning phase.
Which of the following is associated with planning the project quizlet?
The project manager is responsible for initiating, planning, executing, and closing down the project.