How do I automatically add watchers in Jira?
Open Jira Administration>Issues>Notification Schemes, find the scheme for the desired project and click on notifications. Add the desired users, roles, or groups to the notification for Issue Created.
How do I add multiple watchers in Jira?
You can add multiple watchers on either the new or classic issue view – for each:
- Classic View: Click the number next to Watchers and add more users.
- New View: Select the eyeball in the upper-right corner and choose add watchers.
Can you have an epic of epics in Jira?
No, the heirarchy in plain Jira is Epic -> Story -> Sub-task. If you want more, you’ll need one of the apps that enable more layers – Structure or Portfolio for example.
How do I manage watchers in Jira?
To manage the watchers of a page or blog post:
- Go to the page or blog post for which you want to manage the watchers.
- Choose Watch > Manage Watchers. The left-hand column of the ‘Manage Watchers’ dialog shows the users watching the page or blog post. …
- Do either of the following:
How do I create a permission scheme in Jira?
To create a permission scheme:
- Select > Issues.
- From the sidebar, select Permission Schemes. The Permission Schemes page opens. …
- Select Add Permission Scheme. The Add Permission Scheme form appears.
- Give your new scheme a name, and add a short description of the scheme. …
- Select Add.
What is a watcher in Jira?
A Watcher is someone that will be given permissions for the Jira project. This generally isn’t a customer since they wouldn’t have access to your Jira system but only the Service Desk portal. A Requested Participant is someone being given permissions for the Jira Service Desk portal.
Can you add watchers in Jira?
Go to the “Add Watchers” popup and click the number of watchers. This opens a dropdown. There you simply start typing the name of the watcher you’d like to add to this Jira issue. Select the watcher to add.
Does Jira have an API?
The Jira Software and Jira Service Management applications have REST APIs for their application-specific features, like sprints (Jira Software) or customer requests (Jira Service Management). If you haven’t used the Jira REST APIs before, make sure you read the Atlassian REST API policy.
Hover over your display name and click Account. Click on Connected Accounts. Click on Connect for the account that you want to connect to your Epic account. Click on Link your account.