When we need to mention a ticket on a comment, it’s necessary to type the issue key and press space or enter. If we just type and save the comment, it won’t convert the issue key to a link.
To edit your linked issue rule:
- From your service project, select Project settings > Automation.
- Click the rule called Update Jira linked issues.
- Edit the rule as required.
To insert a link on a page:
- Select some text or position your cursor where you want to insert the link.
- Choose Link on the toolbar or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+K.
- Select a page, blog post or attachment, or enter an external URL (see below for how to link to particular types of content)
How do I create an issue collector in Jira?
Go to your project and click Project settings. Select Issue Collectors from the sidebar. Click the Add Issue Collector button to open the Add Issue Collector page. Specify the name of the issue collector, as you want it to appear throughout the Jira user interface.
How do I find the Jira issue key?
You can use the JQL (Jira query language) to get search for a specific set of issues (such as stories or Epics or sub-tasks). To write a JQL, you need to navigate to Filters(top menu) -> Advanced issue search and in the bar you need to write a query.
To configure the Base URL:
- Choose Administration ( ) > System.
- Choose General Configuration in the left-hand panel.
- Choose Edit Settings.
- Enter the new URL in the Base URL text box.
- Choose Save.