How do I use a template in Jira?
Apply template allows you to autofill fields in an already created issue, with values defined in a template.
Apply a template to an issue
- Create an issue or open an existing one.
- Click on More in the issue view.
- Select Apply Template.
- Select a template from the list.
- Click Apply.
How do I create a default template in Jira?
- Open the project where you want use templates and select Project settings.
- Go to Issue Templates > Default Templates. …
- Select the template from the drop-down list.
- Choose the issue type the template should be associated with.
- Choose the workflow transition upon which the template should be applied.
How do I edit a template in Jira?
Find the template in the table and select Edit.
Add a variable to a template
- Type /variable, then hit Enter.
- Select the variable token, then select to edit it.
- Enter a name for the variable, then select Text, Multi-line Text, or List.
- Select Save.
How do I automate a task in Jira?
Explore the automation template library, and read on to start automating in Jira!
- New Trigger. The first step is to select a trigger from the New trigger selection screen. …
- New Condition. Next we will add a New condition component that will perform an action if the issue type is a Task. …
- New Action. …
- Try it out.
How do I import a CSV file into Jira?
Log in to Jira as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission. Select Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import. Select CSV to open the CSV File import page. On the CSV File import page, select your CSV Source File.
How do I create a checklist in Jira?
To add a new Checklist, perform the following steps:
- In the Administration menu, go to Issues and click Custom fields.
- Click Add Custom Field. …
- Select the Checklist field and click Next. …
- Specify the name and description for the Checklist.