How do I clear my message history?
Clean up conversations in Messages
- Open the Messages app .
- Touch and hold each conversation that you want to archive or delete. Archive: To put the selected conversations into your archives, tap Archive. . Archived conversations disappear from the Home screen, but you can still read them. Mark all as read: Tap More.
How do I delete all messages in slack?
Click on the Slack extension icon and select Delete MY messages option. Select the channel you want to delete messages from before you do it. Note that you can only delete your own messages and not the ones sent by others. They will have to bulk them themselves.
How do I delete data in slack?
Delete a workspace
- Click Settings & administration, then select Workspace settings.
- Scroll down to Delete Workspace.
- Click Delete Workspace.
- Check the box to confirm you want to delete the workspace.
- Enter your Slack account password and click Yes, delete my workspace.
How do you permanently delete messages on Smule?
You cannot manually delete conversations. But old conversations will automatically expire after a period of time.
How do I delete a workflow message in Slack?
Delete a workflow
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Tools from the menu, then click Workflow Builder.
- Next to the workflow you’d like to delete, click the three dots icon.
- Click Delete, then select Delete again to confirm.
Does Slack delete old messages?
By default, Slack will retain all messages and files (including audio and video clips) for the lifetime of your workspace. If you like, you can adjust your retention settings to automatically delete messages and files after a set amount of time.
How do I get rid of bot messages in Slack?
In order to be able to delete message from other users by your bot you need the following:
- Your Slack app needs to be installed by an admin.
- You need to use the user token, not the bot token to call chat. delete.
Can Slack owner see deleted messages?
Slack does not archive deleted messages or provide a way to recover deleted information. Once a user deletes a particular message, that message is gone forever. However, Slack may still retain information about deleted messages that can be included in an electronic discovery export.
Can Slack messages be monitored?
In brief, yes, but they can’t actively read your messages as you send them. Slack allows employers to download and export Slack conversations, whether they’re public or private, into zip files. Of course, they must comply with the law before downloading any private data from their employees.
Can you see edited messages on Slack?
Edit history is currently only available for workspace owners to view in data exports. Expanding this feature to allow users to see edit history in real time is a nifty idea though! We’ll pass this suggestion along to our product team to review. Thank you!