How do I set Jira to read only?
To enable read-only mode:
- Go to > General Configuration > Maintenance.
- In the Read-only mode section, choose Edit.
- Select Read-only mode.
- Update the wording of the banner message, if you’d like to provide a customised message.
- Choose Save.
How do I make a confluence cloud read only?
An alternative approach to make your space read-only
We go to the space permissions, add only the ‘top-managers’ group, and turn on the view permission for anonymous users. Anonymous users outside the company can’t view this space because global anonymous ‘Use Confluence’ permission is turned off.
How do I create a permission scheme in Jira?
To create a permission scheme:
- Select > Issues.
- From the sidebar, select Permission Schemes. The Permission Schemes page opens. …
- Select Add Permission Scheme. The Add Permission Scheme form appears.
- Give your new scheme a name, and add a short description of the scheme. …
- Select Add.
What is anonymous access in Jira?
You can configure Jira to restrict anonymous user access and protect your data from being viewed by users that aren’t logged-in. Oftentimes, anonymous users can access your data if you have filters or dashboards set to be viewed publicly or you have the Browse users global permission granted to the Anyone group.
Can Confluence pages be made public?
If you want to share your space with people who are not logged in to Confluence (anonymous users), you can make your space public. Created with Sketch. To make a space public, your administrator must first turn on the global permission for anonymous access.
Do I need a license to view Confluence?
Confluence offers “anonymous access” which means the site visitor does not need a login and thus does not need to be licensed to view the content.
What is anonymous access in Confluence?
Giving anonymous users access to your content on Confluence lets you share content with people who don’t have licensed access to your Confluence site. This means you can let them view and collaborate on content, without having to add them to your license count.
How do I restrict access to a project in Jira?
Add the project role to the Browse Projects permission
- Go to Jira settings > Issues > Permission schemes.
- Choose Permissions for the Default Permission Scheme (or the permission scheme being used for the projects).
- Click Edit, choose Project Role, and select the Browse project role we previously created.
- Click Grant.
What is a permission scheme in Jira?
Different Projects, Different Permissions
A permission scheme will enable/disable specific actions for users for that project. For example, the ‘Browse Project’ permission for a particular project restricts who can view the project in JIRA and thus view issues that belong to that project via the Issue Navigator.
Where is the permission helper in Jira?
Click in Jira’s logo > Settings > System > Permission Helper.