How do I set project permissions in Jira?
Creating a permission scheme
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Permission Schemes to open the Permission Schemes page, which displays a list of all permission schemes in your Jira system and the projects that use each scheme.
- Click the ‘Add Permission Scheme’ link.
How do I manage project access in Jira?
Add the project role to the Browse Projects permission
- Go to Jira settings > Issues > Permission schemes.
- Choose Permissions for the Default Permission Scheme (or the permission scheme being used for the projects).
- Click Edit, choose Project Role, and select the Browse project role we previously created.
- Click Grant.
How do I see project permissions in Jira?
Select > Issues. From the sidebar, select Permission Schemes. The Permission Schemes page opens. It displays a list of all the permission schemes in your Jira site and the projects that use each scheme.
How do I manage groups in Jira?
Log in to admin.atlassian.com. From your organization, select Directory > Groups from the left side of the page. Select a group from the list where you want to add or remove users. To add users to the group, select Add group members, select the users you’d like to add, then press the Add button.
Where is the permission helper in Jira?
Click in Jira’s logo > Settings > System > Permission Helper.
How do I grant permission to manage sprints in Jira?
To set up permissions for users who handle sprint management (also from Jira Align or Portfolio for Jira), go to “Project settings“ > “Permissions“ and modify the permission scheme by removing the “Manage Sprints“ permission from everyone, besides the users who are responsible for creating and scheduling sprints.
How do I restrict access to a specific project in Jira?
- Create a group and name it something meaningful by going to Settings > User Management > Groups and Add Group. …
- Create a Permission Scheme by going to Settings > Issues > Permission scheme and create a new scheme.
- You can then click on Permissions under the Actions tab of that scheme you just created.
Who can view project settings in Jira?
As long as the project role “administrators” have that permission, they will be able to view the project and its settings. Jira admins should be able to access the project settings as long as they are in one of the groups under the “Browse Projects” permission.
What can project admins do in Jira?
Jira Core project administrators manage specific business projects that they have been assigned to in Jira Core. Project administrators can customize their projects, add and remove users, and perform certain configuration tasks, like adding versions or editing their workflow.
How do I edit a project scheme in Jira?
Go to your project and click Project settings. Click Workflows. You’ll see which workflow scheme the project currently uses. Click Switch Scheme and select the relevant workflow scheme from the Scheme list.