How can I see resolved issues in Jira?
If you want to see all issues, just head to the “Issues” menu entry in the sidebar and there set your filter accordingly.
How do I see completed tickets in Jira?
We found simpler solution — Under filter at top Nav –> click Advanced issue search and then under status you can view tickets which are closed.
How do I change a resolved ticket in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit. …
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. …
- You must return to the Workflow page and Publish the draft in order for the changes to go into effect.
How do I see closed tickets in Jira Service Desk?
create a dashboard and use the Jira Filter gadget or other gadgets. then you can click on the specific gadget to drill into the list view, e.g. “all closed”, “recently closed”, etc.
How do I see closed stories in Jira?
Reopen a closed sprint
- From the Jira board, you want to reopen the closed sprints, click on “Reports” on the left sidebar.
- Select the report “Sprint Report”.
- Choose the sprint you want to reopen.
- Click reopen sprint on the right side. …
- Your selected sprint is now active.
How do I find previous Sprint tickets in JIRA?
Go to Projects > Open a Project > Click on Reports > Click on Velocity Chart > Now, you can view the Previous Sprint.
How do I view a completed sprint in JIRA?
go to project > reports. there are a number of reports that you can view completed sprints.
How do I delete resolution in Jira?
The value to choose is None.
- Go and edit the workflow which you are using for this project.
- Click on the Reopen transition.
- On the Post Functions tab, click on Add post function.
- Choose Update Issue Field.
- Select Resolution and value None.
- Click Add.
- If you edit an active workflow, remember to publish your draft afterward.
How do I resolve bulk tickets in Jira?
3 answers. Run a search for them, then select “bulk edit” from the search options menu. Bulk edit will offer you “transition” as well as “edit” options, so you can move the selected issues through the workflow to closed, or edit to “mark” them as closed.