Can you mute specific channels on slack?
Click the channel name in the conversation header. Below the channel name, click the notifications menu. Select Mute channel.
How do I customize notifications in slack?
Edit Your Notifications
Unsurprisingly, you can customize your notification settings in Slack. Just click your name in the top-left corner, and select Preferences > Notifications. From there, decide what notifications you’d like to receive, what sounds you’d like them to make, and what you’d like them to look like.
How do I notify a channel in slack?
Use @channel to let everyone in a channel know about timely, relevant information. This will trigger a desktop or mobile notification for all members of the channel, whether their availability is set to active or away.
How do I manage slack notifications?
Select your preference.
- Tap the You tab at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap System Options.
- Tap Sound. (For Android 9 users, tap Advanced, then select Sound.)
- Select your preference, then tap Save.
Does muting a channel mute it for everyone?
Muting a server will mute every channel inside of it all at once.
How do I mute notifications in Slack?
Open the channel that you want to mute. Click on the channel name in the conversation header. Below the channel name, click on the notifications menu. Select Mute channel.
How do you customize notifications?
Option 1: In your Settings app
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. Notifications.
- Under “Recently Sent,” tap an app.
- Tap a type of notification.
- Choose your options: Choose Alerting or Silent. To see a banner for alerting notifications when your phone is unlocked, turn on Pop on screen.
How do I change a channel in slack?
You can change your channel list settings to make your sidebar less overwhelming.
- In your Slack window, click on your team name to open the Team Menu.
- Select Preferences > Advanced Options.
- Change your Channel List settings by using the drop-down list. …
- Hit the Done button in the top, right corner to save your changes.
How do I get discord notifications for certain channels?
Discord: How to Change Your Notifications Setting for a Channel
- Step 1: Open the channel you want to customize and tap the channel name at the top of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap “Notifications.”
- Step 3: Tap “Notification Settings.”
- Step 4: Tap “All Messages,” “Only @mentions” or “Nothing” depending on your preference.
How do I automate messages in slack?
Schedule a message
- Click the compose button or open the conversation where you’d like to send your message.
- Type your message in the message field.
- Click the arrow icon to the right of the paper plane icon.
- Choose a date and time from the list or select Custom time to set your own.