How do I categorize in Confluence?
Categorize a space
- Go to the space and choose Space tools > Overview from the bottom of the sidebar.
- Choose Edit next to Space Categories.
- Under Space Categories, enter your category name and choose Add. Alternatively, choose a category in the list of Suggested Space Categories.
- Choose Done.
How do I label a page in Confluence?
Label a page or blog post
Any existing labels appear at the bottom-right of the page, below the page content. To add a label to a page or blog post: At the bottom of the page, choose Edit labels or hit L on your keyboard. Type in a new label (existing labels are suggested as you type)
What is the difference between space and page in Confluence?
Pages are the primary means of storing and sharing information in Confluence. Pages are the building blocks of spaces.
What do labels do in Confluence?
Labels are keywords or tags that you can add to pages, blog posts, attachments, and spaces. You can define your own labels and use them to categorize, identify or bookmark content in Confluence. Any user with permission to edit a page can add a label to a page.
How do I use page properties in Confluence?
To add the Page Properties macro to a page:
- From the editor toolbar, choose Insert > Other Macros.
- Choose Page Properties from the Confluence content category.
- Choose Insert.
- In the macro body create a two column table.
- In the left column list your ‘properties’ – these will be the column headings in your report table.
What is the best way to use Confluence?
9 Confluence Best Practices Your Users Should Know
- Identify the list of spaces you need to create. …
- Take the time to define your page structure. …
- Use page templates. …
- Increase productivity by using Confluence macros. …
- Organize your attachments. …
- Avoid redundant content. …
- Label your content. …
- Grant permissions wisely.
How do I add a label to a Confluence template?
Go to the space in Confluence Cloud. Select Space Settings from the sidebar. Select Content Tools> Templates.
To add labels to a template in the new editor:
- Select ••• > Add labels.
- Enter labels into the box, separated by the Space key.
- Select Add.
- Select Close.