What is a cascade field?
Answer: Cascading dropdowns (also known as dependent dropdowns) allow you to associate multiple custom table dropdown fields with each other, allowing for the available values in each dropdown to be dependent upon the values chosen in other associated dropdown fields.
How do I use cascading fields in JIRA?
Create a cascading field
Go to Settings ( ) > Issues. From the navigation on the left, select Custom fields. Select Create custom field in the top-right corner. Choose Select List (cascading), and then select Next.
How do I create a cascade field in Jira?
How to create cascade list fields
- Go to the Profields menu on the JIRA navigation bar and click Fields.
- Click on the Create Fields button. Then List and choose the right type of list you want. In this tutorial, we’ll use Single Choice.
- Set the values, like any other List.
- Click Save.
What does cascading over mean?
: to fall, pour, or rush in or as if in a cascade The water cascaded over the rocks.
What is cascading select?
Cascading select questions are questions whose choices depend on the answers from previous questions. Cascading select questions help filter only relevant choices by simplifying the number of choices available to the respondent.
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
Create a new custom field
- Select > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, select Custom fields.
- Click Create custom field. …
- Select the type of field you want to create and click Next. …
- Add the details for your field. …
- When you have entered the field details, select Create.
What is custom context in Jira?
When you create a custom field as a Jira administrator, you automatically create what’s called a custom field context or custom field configuration scheme. This lets you select a custom field language and default value, as well as which issue types or projects the custom field appears in.
How do I select multiples in Jira?
To move multiple issues to another project:
- From the navigation, select Search.
- Select Advanced search for issues.
- Search for the issues you want to move. …
- Select More (…) > …
- Select the issues you want to move and select Next.
- Choose the Move Issues bulk operation and select Next.
How do I see all fields in JIRA?
For each field, run the JQL “<field> is not empty“. This will return a list of all the issues with content for that field.