What is the difference between a work package and a planning package?
Planning Package- A work breakdown structure component below the control account with known work content but without detailed schedule activities. … Work Package- The work defined at the lowest level of the work breakdown structure for which cost and duration can be estimated and managed.
What is an example of a work package?
What is a Work Package?: A Workpackage Example. There are teams involved: the carpenters, roofers, architects, and painters; you can break it down into smaller tasks (paint the deck by tomorrow, finish the kitchen in a month, etc.); and it has an overall manager. Voila! Those are your workpackages.
How do you define a work package?
A work package is a group of related tasks within a project. Because they look like projects themselves, they are often thought of as sub-projects within a larger project. Work packages are the smallest unit of work that a project can be broken down into when creating your Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
What are the key characteristics of a work package?
A work package is generally decided on due to the following characteristics they have in common:
- Nature of work involved (e.g. marketing, programming, etc.)
- Outcomes of the tasks.
- Geographical location where tasks take place.
- Time when tasks will be completed.
- Technology or materials that will be used.
What is a project package?
A project package is a file that contains all maps and the data referenced by its layers, as well as folder connections, toolboxes, geoprocessing history, and attachments. … You can also use project packages to create an archive of a particular project that contains a snapshot of its current state.
How do you make a work package?
Rules to create a work breakdown structure
- Include 100% of the work necessary to complete the goal.
- Don’t account for any amount of work twice.
- Focus on outcomes, not actions.
- A work package should take no less than 8 hours and no more than 80 hours of effort.
- Include about three levels of detail.
What should a well defined work package include?
Quality Criteria for Work Package
- The Work Package is well defined and understood by the Team Manager / team members.
- A baselined Product Description exists for each required product, with clearly identified and acceptable quality criteria.
- Acceptable standards for the work are agreed.
What is a work package in agile?
A work package is a set of information about one or more required products collated by the project manager to pass responsibility for work or delivery formally to a team manager or team member.