How do you add properties in notion?
There are a couple of ways to add a property: within a database page or by selecting Properties on the top right of your database. Click + Add a property in either scenario, name the property, and select the type you want.
What is a property type in notion?
Property Types in Notion Tables
The data types of values are defined in Notion as property types. Each column in a Notion table is assigned a property type that defines the type of data the column can contain.
How do you add a description to notion?
On any database, hover over your title. Click ‘Add Description. ‘ Then you can type whatever you want. Hover again and click ‘Hide Description’ to roll up what you wrote into that ‘i’ icon.
Choose the source database (table) you want to base your linked database on. Open the Page Where You Want the Linked Database to Reside. Type /create and select “Create linked database” from the menu. Type the name of the table you want to link to and select it from the menu.
How do I add a database to notion?
There are several ways to create a database inside Notion:
- Create a new page in your workspace, then choose what type of database you want from the grayscale menu on that empty page.
- Create a database page inside an existing page by typing / followed by the type of database you want (i.e. table, board, etc.).
How do you use relation in Notion?
To quickly create a relation in Notion, do the following:
- Open Notion to the database you want to create a relation on.
- Click the “+” button in the last column of your database.
- Click in the text box and type in a name for your relation.
- Click on “Text” under “Property Type” and select “Relation“
Another straightforward method to link to another Notion page is by using the + command:
- Type a plus (+) followed by the name of the page you want to link to. Just start typing the name of the page, and the drop-down menu will show it.
- Click on the page you want to link to from the drop-down menu.
How do you use multiple selection in notion?
Here’s a tip to change multiple rows at once: (1) Select multiple rows (drag to multiple select, or press Shift + Up/Down) (2) Right click or press Ctrl/Cmd + / (3) Type the property name you want to change, then Enter. That’s it!