How do I edit fix version?
If you look on the menu bar in the left hand side when you are viewing an issue in your project, click on Releases, then ensure there is a release in there. Once there is, you should be able to edit the fix version field in any issue within that project.
How do I remove fix version in Jira?
To remove an archived version, you need first to unarchive this version, remove it from the issue and then archive it back. You can unarchive a version in Project settings -> Versions. Yes you can remove story from fix version.
How do I make a fixed version mandatory in Jira?
- Transition settings.
- Add validator.
- Field required validator.
- Choose the field(s) (e.g. “Fix Version”)
How do I find the fix version in Jira?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
Who can add version in Jira?
In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions.
How do I create a release in Jira?
To create a project release:
- In the releases view of the plan, go to the project for which you want to create a release.
- Click Create release next to the project name. …
- Give the new release a name. …
- Add a description for the new release.
- For the start date, choose from one of the following options, and then set the date:
How do I reorder my Jira versions?
Just go to the release page and reorder the versions as you want. The order will be directly (read inversely) reflected in the backlog view.
How do I change the date in Jira?
Portfolio for Jira allows you to configure your release dates in a few easy steps:
- Go to your plan > Releases.
- Create a new release or select an existing one.
- Select Edit.
- Configure the dates and close the window. Start Date. Description. As early as possible.
What is a Jira version?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
What type of field is fix version in Jira?
Fix version is the release version used to track different software developments and/or any updates. You fill out the Fix version to ensure that as you develop stories, and you can group them together when setting up a release delivery.
What is the latest version of Jira software?
Upcoming bugfix releases
New bugfix versions are released for three Jira feature versions: Latest version, Jira 8.13 LTS, and Jira 8.5 LTS.