How do I add tasks to my project timeline?
Add tasks to a project timeline in Project Online
- Open the project for editing.
- Click anywhere on the timeline, then on the Tasks tab, in the Tasks group, click Add to Timeline. …
- To add another timeline, click the current timeline, and then click Add in the Timeline Bar group on the Timeline tab.
How do you make an existing task a milestone in a project?
To set a task as a Milestone select the desired task – click on Task tab – Task Information – Advanced- check “Mark task as milestone” – click OK.
How do I add tasks to my project?
You can insert a task between existing tasks by selecting the row below where you want a new task to appear. On the Insert menu, click New Task and then type the task name in the inserted row. The task IDs are automatically renumbered after you insert a task. Press ENTER.
How do I add a task to a project online?
Create a new task in Project Online
- On the Quick Launch, click Projects.
- Click the name of an existing project in the list.
- On the Task tab, click Edit. …
- Enter a new task by using one of the following methods: …
- When you have finished adding tasks, click Close to check the project back in.
What is a milestone task in MS Project?
A project milestone is a task of zero duration that shows an important achievement in a project. The milestones should represent a clear sequence of events that incrementally build up until your project is complete.
How do I add tasks and subtasks in MS Project?
To create a subtask or a summary task, indent a task below another one. In the Gantt Chart view, select the task you want to turn into a subtask, then click Task > Indent. The task you selected is now a subtask, and the task above it, that isn’t indented, is now a summary task.
Link tasks by using the Gantt Chart view
- On the View menu, choose Gantt Chart.
- In the Task Name field, select two or more tasks you want to link, in the order you want to link them. To select nonadjacent tasks, hold down CTRL and select the tasks you want to link. …
- Choose Link Tasks .
How do you add multiple tasks to a project?
Starting at the row where you want to insert the tasks, drag over the ID cells for the number of tasks you want to insert. For example, five tasks here. Right-click within the selection and then choose Insert Task. The new tasks appear directly above the first task you selected.