How do I search for a public channel in slack?
Simply type the terms you’re looking for into the search bar, and fire away. In addition to the “Messages” and “Files” tabs that already exist in the results, you’ll see a new tab named “Channels.” There you’ll find the public channels—along with the private channels you belong to—that are most relevant to your search.
How do I search for a channel in slack?
Start a search
- Click the search field at the top of Slack.
- Below the search field, select the type of results you want: messages, files, people, or channels.
- Type what you’re looking for into the search field. …
- Select an option from the list, or press Enter to view all results.
Can anyone see a public channel in slack?
Any member of your workspace (but not guests) can view and join a public channel, giving everyone access to the same shared information. Messages or files posted in a public channel can be searched by other members of your workspace.
How do I make Slack public?
How to create your first public Slack channel
- Click on the plus icon next to Channels in the Slack sidebar. …
- Enter a name for your channel. …
- (Optional) Add a description to your channel. …
- Ignore the Make private toggle. …
- Click on the Create button.
How do I join a public workspace in Slack?
From your desktop, visit https://slack.com/get-started.
- Enter your email address (we suggest using your work email address). Then click Continue.
- Check your email for a confirmation code from Slack and enter it.
- Below Accept an invitation, click Join next to the workspace you’d like to join.
Can you make private channels in Slack?
Click the channel name in the conversation header. Select the Settings tab. Scroll down and click Change to a private channel. Click Change to Private to confirm.
What is the difference between a Slack workspace and channel?
Anything posted in a public channel is visible and searchable by everyone in the workspace. Workspace members can join or leave public channels whenever they choose.
Can workspace admins see private channels?
According to Slack, “Workspace Owners and Admins can delete any channel they’ve joined, except for the #general channel.” Unfortunately, the owner explicitly needs to be a member of the channel in order to delete it, and owners of Slack workspaces can only see the private channels that they are already a member of.