Is there a way to group channels in Slack?
If you use Slack on the Pro, Business+, or Enterprise Grid plan, you can organize your channels, direct messages (DMs), and apps into custom sections within your sidebar. Your custom sections are only visible to you and won’t affect what your teammates see, so set them up however you’d like.
What is the best way to organize Slack channels?
Slack Essentials: Organize your work and conversations
- Consistent naming conventions.
- A clear channel purpose.
- A channel topic that gives members direction.
- All relevant files are shared in channel.
- Key files and information are pinned.
- A room full of teammates.
Can you make sub-channels in Slack?
Slack doesn’t have sub-channels but you can mimic by using some conventions.
What is the difference between a channel and a group in Slack?
Channels can be public to everyone in the company or private to invited members only. Direct messages (DMs) can be one-on-one, or you can start a group DM with up to nine people.
How do I add multiple channels to Slack?
Create a multi-workspace channel
- From your desktop, open an existing channel or create a new one.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Next to Workspaces with access to this channel, click Edit.
- Search for and select workspaces you’d like to have access this channel.
- Click Save.
How many channels can you have in Slack?
There’s no limit to how many unique channels you can have in Slack — go ahead, create as many as you’d like! New to Slack? Watch a 1 minute video to learn about channels.
Can you rearrange Slack channels?
Once you’ve grouped your channels into sections, you can also drag and drop each channel into a new order, or even a new section.
How do I manage channels in Slack?
Manage channels in your workspace
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Click Settings & administration from the menu, then click Workspace settings.
- Below Administration in the left sidebar, select Manage channels. …
- Search for a channel name, or filter channels by channel type.
Can you merge two channels together in teams?
One of the most commonly asked questions from users is ‘Can you merge channels? ‘ and right now, the answer is no. Microsoft doesn’t allow users to merge channels into a single one or move a channel between groups without losing data.
How many Slack channels is too many?
There’s really no such thing as “too many channels”
Big teams that successfully use Slack have a large number of channels, even into the thousands. In the course of research interviews with half a dozen large organizations, we noticed total channels were often two to three times the number of employees.